Thursday, October 15, 2009

Presents!!!

Casey and I have already received a few presents and the wedding is over a year away.  Over the years Granny has given all of her granddaughters a cake plate for their engagement.  Casey and I were no different and received a beautiful cake plate.  My mother gave us crystal toasting flutes as well.

Everyone already knows that my family is the most important thing to me.  About a month ago Granny called me and asked if I would like one of her sets of china.  I was thrilled.  I had not planned on registering for china, because it just didn't seem practical.  My mother and sister both have china I could use if needed.  My aunt drove to my granny's for a visit and brought the china back with her.  I love it.  I love having something that was Granny and Pop's.  The sentimental value of having pieces that belong to your family is wonderful and beats anything you can buy in a store.

No comments:

Post a Comment